Re: Should sudo be used?

On 4/5/07, Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
I don't use sudo. I find it rather pointless. If I need to do something as
root, I use su to gain root privileges, then when I'm done, I exit and
return to the original user. The user running su must be in the group
"wheel" to be able to su to root. This is a simple yet convenient security
system.

What when you have several people with different privileges wanting to
do stuff that normally only root can? Would you give your root
password to everyone, or rather install sudo and define exactly what a
user can do?

--
Pietro Cerutti

- ASCII Ribbon Campaign -