Re: Could we get the FreeBSD torrent servers back?

It would be a facinating experiment if a laaaarge group of Fbsd users at
1000s of hosts were recruited as supporters to the Fbsd Organization..to
host some subset of critical files.

It would be super neato if you could configure what you wished to donate via
a tool that would populate your box with specific data.

On 2/25/07, Andrew Lentvorski <bsder_(_at_)_allcaps_(_dot_)_org> wrote:

Chris Slothouber wrote:

> But isn't the whole point of peer to peer file distribution to
> *distribute* the bandwidth requirements to the point that the costs
> involved for each of the individual peers is trivial but the client
> receiving the file still obtains full speed of a direct download?

Yes, actually, it is.

-a