Re: Transparent redirect to another interface ?

Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN] wrote:

"natd" can be used to do this.

The following example assumes your external interface is called "sk0" and the seconde interface, connecting to the second server, is called "sk1" :

# Start natd and tell it to forward pop3 traffic to the second server
natd -n sk0 -redirect_port tcp ip_of_second_server_here:110 110

# Add ipfw rule to send incoming pop3 traffic through natd
ipfw add 1000 divert natd tcp from any to me 110 via sk0
# Add ipfw rule to send responses from second server through natd
ipfw add 1010 divert natd tcp from ip_of_second_server_here 110 to any via
   sk0

# or just use one ipfw rule :
ipfw add 1000 divert natd all from any to any via sk0

But this will send ALL traffic through natd, only sending traffic that needs to be redirect through it is far more efficient.

Hope this helps,

Good idea but I would prefer (if possible)
to use some kind of ethernet trunking .
thanks