Re: 64-bits platform question

On 02/21/07 13:35, Aard Nerd wrote:
Hi list, as far as I know Intel 64 architecture (formerly known as Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology, or Intel EM64T) enables 64-bit computing on desktop when combined with supporting software. If I am right, 64-bit computing (on Intel architecture) requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel EM64T architecture. So I bought an ASUS P4P800-VM with a 3.0GHz processor that supports Intel EM64T and 1Gb of Infineon PC3200 RAM memory. The system is ok...so why I can't install BSD 64 bits with my system ???

Any clues, thanks in advance.

Which CD did you try to install with, and what error/problem did you get?

There's not much info here to help you with..

Eric