Re: Can I Mount A Windoze Drive?

On Sat 17 Feb 2007 13:02, Drew Jenkins wrote:
> Newbie question here. I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up. I have two hard drives in my box...one for Windoze, one for FBSD. Can I mount the former from FBSD and copy over files? Do I navigate it just like a FBSD disk..."cd", "cp", etc?
> TIA,
> Drew

FreeBSD comes with a readonly ntfs driver.

Assuming your windows partition is ad0s1
mount_ntfs /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/win

fstab entry:
/dev/ad0s1 /mnt/win ntfs  ro,noauto 0 0

You can then copy stuff, for example:
cp /mnt/win/Documents\ and\ Settings/carpetsmoker/Desktop ~/

If you want read support, you might want to try ntfsprogs
(sysutils/ntfsprogs), which has some basic (EXPERIMENTAL!) read
support.