[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Can I Mount A Windoze Drive?
- To: freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Can I Mount A Windoze Drive?
- From: Martin Tournoij <carpetsmoker_(_at_)_xs4all_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:10:22 +0100
- Cc: drewjenkinsjr_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com
On Sat 17 Feb 2007 13:02, Drew Jenkins wrote:
> Newbie question here. I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up. I have two hard drives in my box...one for Windoze, one for FBSD. Can I mount the former from FBSD and copy over files? Do I navigate it just like a FBSD disk..."cd", "cp", etc?
FreeBSD comes with a readonly ntfs driver.
Assuming your windows partition is ad0s1
mount_ntfs /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/win
/dev/ad0s1 /mnt/win ntfs ro,noauto 0 0
You can then copy stuff, for example:
cp /mnt/win/Documents\ and\ Settings/carpetsmoker/Desktop ~/
If you want read support, you might want to try ntfsprogs
(sysutils/ntfsprogs), which has some basic (EXPERIMENTAL!) read
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"