Re: RAID 10-LUN Question

At 02:54 PM 2/14/2007, Dak Ghatikachalam wrote:

Hi Freebsd

We have DELL/EMC CX-300 storage array hardware , Navisphere. , which consist
of  15 Disks 320GB, I am planning to use this for Oracle( Linux) + SQL
server(M$) purpose.

We need to get that redundancy using RAID 10 and  striple for the best
performance.

My thoughts are  take most even number of possible disks( leaving private
system partition area) and create the raid groups and kick a separate LUNS
for MSSQL purpose.

With this hardware config, Do you have any suggestion on getting the best
performance and redundancy in place

Thanks
Dak