Re: Forcing a portupgrade?

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Bob wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:41:29 -0600
Paul Schmehl <pauls_(_at_)_utdallas_(_dot_)_edu> wrote:

Yikes!  That's a bit drastic.  What's wrong with make
DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES install?

Where would I find the documentation on all the possible command-line
options to make? IE, where is DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES documented?

man ports

ISTR using it with portupgrade with the -M option.

A probably-better way to fix the vulnerabilities of Mozilla is to switch to the newest version, which is now called Seamonkey.

I am sure I would have occasion to use others if I knew what and where
they were.

Also in the ports man page. Other targets also avoid brute-force removal of files, like rmconfig.