[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Recommandation for supported high quality soundcard FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT/AMD64
- To: freebsd-multimedia_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Recommandation for supported high quality soundcard FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT/AMD64
- From: "O. Hartmann" <ohartman_(_at_)_zedat_(_dot_)_fu-berlin_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:41:32 +0100
- Organization: Freie Universität Berlin
Months ago I was looking for a replecement sound card for my onboard
ALC97 sound and therefore I purchased a Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
in hope this is supported by the snd_emu10k[x] driver as its name
suggested. But it was an great err.
Now I'm looking for an adequate replacement for even this soundcard and
followed several dicussions about the problematic prevention for open
source development by Creative and other companies keeping their data
sheets closed. I read something about envy24-based soundcards which are
said to be as good as Creative's X-Fi type soundcards but for half of
To make my desire short in words: Can you please recommend some envy24
based good or better quality (not the best high-end HiFi) soundcard
which has an opensource support, even in FreeBSD?
Here in Germany I find only brands like Creative and TerraTec with
adequate 7.1 capable soundcards.
I would like to purchase a sound card which has native FreeBSD driver.
Thanks you for your attention and suggestions in advance,
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org