Re: Newbie--new install on Core 2 Duo?

Ive never installed FreeBSD by myself, its always been installed for me by
someone. But im planning on getting a new laptop soon, thinking of the
ThinkPad T60, which now has a Intel Core 2 Due processor.

nice choice

What do i need to do to make sure i'm getting the use of both cores? I read
through the Handbook on Installation and it doesnt say anything about this.

booting FreeBSD  of the CD automatically detects the number of CPU's and
boots the SMP kernel config. after you do your installation, with no custom
kernel, it will continue to do so. the safe option is of course to build
your own Kernel with SMP enabled.

you are safer off installing PCBSD or DesktopBSD, though the former will
give you an easier out fit for that hardware

Thanks. Any other thoughts welcome! Im a little nervous about this, but the
T60 seems to be well supported.

you are welcome

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.