[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Complete environment on top of /compat/linux
- To: freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Complete environment on top of /compat/linux
- From: Tijl Coosemans <tijl_(_at_)_ulyssis_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:44:25 +0100
- Cc: Matt Kitche Donovan <kitche_(_at_)_reddphoenix_(_dot_)_com>, Pietro Cerutti <pietro_(_dot_)_cerutti_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On Saturday 10 February 2007 16:13, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> On 2/10/07, Matt Kitche Donovan <kitche_(_at_)_reddphoenix_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> > Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> > > I'm starting off a new job where I'll be forced to work in a GNU/Linux
> > > environment, and I thought that maybe there exists some way to just
> > > chroot in /compat/linux and have a complete GNU/Linux environment at
> > > disposal, without the need for a dual booting setup.
> > yes I chroot into /compat/linux all the time just make sure that you
> > kldload linux first to make sure it's loaded first.
> Yes, thanx. The problem is that just chroot'ing into /compat/linux
> doesn't provides you with a complete linux environment... how does one
> add packages and stuff to achieve a full operating (development)
emulators/linux_dist* is what you're looking for I think.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"