free memory

On 2/9/07, Яцко Эллад Геннадьевич (ws44) <eyatsko_(_at_)_nsk_(_dot_)_tvoe_(_dot_)_tv> wrote:
Hello!

Are there some utils to release Inact memory, which can be viewed by
top-utility? In time all Free Memory flows to Inact Memory, and we
have real problem with performance of our router. After I reboot
server, problem disapears for one or two days. I REALLY need any way
to clean up router's memory and move it from Inact to Free state
without rebooting..

You might want to read this. Basically, that is what it's supposed to
do. I suspect that you have some other problem.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#TOP-FREEMEM

And also this.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/x114.html

Kind regards, with hope, Ellad Yatsko.

I'm nerdy in the extreme and whiter than sour cream