Re: Intel Core Duo. SMP kernel but still only 50% load while using make on ports...

You know, it'd be cool if there were a knob in the ports framework that
allowed port maintainers to specify this, something like PARALLEL_MAKE=yes
in the Makefile ...

Or is that a dumb idea for some reason I don't understand?

I personally don't think it's a dumb idea at all. The problem is the
sheer volume of ports out there. I don't see why the hooks couldn't be
put in place, though, and let the port maintainers add to it slowly.

Josh