[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Intel Core Duo. SMP kernel but still only 50% load while using make on ports...
- To: "Bill Moran" <wmoran_(_at_)_collaborativefusion_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: Re: Intel Core Duo. SMP kernel but still only 50% load while using make on ports...
- From: "Josh Carroll" <josh_(_dot_)_carroll_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:38:32 -0800
- Cc: freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org, Daniel Tourde <daniel_(_dot_)_tourde_(_at_)_spray_(_dot_)_se>
- Reply-to: josh_(_dot_)_carroll_(_at_)_psualum_(_dot_)_com
You know, it'd be cool if there were a knob in the ports framework that
allowed port maintainers to specify this, something like PARALLEL_MAKE=yes
in the Makefile ...
Or is that a dumb idea for some reason I don't understand?
I personally don't think it's a dumb idea at all. The problem is the
sheer volume of ports out there. I don't see why the hooks couldn't be
put in place, though, and let the port maintainers add to it slowly.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"