[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: /tmp getting full form portmanager
- To: User Questions <freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: /tmp getting full form portmanager
- From: Gerard Seibert <gerard_(_at_)_seibercom_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:32:43 -0500
- Organization: Seibercom.NET
- Reply-to: User Questions <freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
On Wednesday February 07, 2007 at 06:43:15 (PM) Noah wrote:
> /tmp is filling from portmanager is placing .db information and build
> details during its run.
> what options to I have to alleviate the troubles this creates?
Erase them. Besides how much trouble can they be causing?
Honestly, portmanager only uses those files when it runs. Each time it
is restarted, except with the '--resume' flag, it erases them and
creates new one.
By the way, do you have:
in your /etc/rc.conf file? If not, you might want to add it if you feel
that you /tmp directory is getting clogged with garbage. I believe there
is a setting in periodic daily to clean out tmp files only.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org