[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: recovery after power outage
- To: "Marty Landman" <martster_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: Re: recovery after power outage
- From: Bill Moran <wmoran_(_at_)_collaborativefusion_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:28:21 -0500
- Cc: freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Collaborative Fusion
In response to "Marty Landman" <martster_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>:
> My fbsd 6.0 box is having filesystem problems on boot since a blackout
> yesterday. Here's a synopsis:
> /dev/ad0s1a: clean
> /dev/ad0s1d: DEFER FOR BACKGROUND CHECKING
> ...repeats for ad0s1f & e
> then reports error=40<UNCORRECTABLE> for ad1 (twice) and reports an
> unexpected inconsistency for my ad1s1c device which is the primary slave hd.
> Tells me to run fsck manually and asks which shell I want. Maybe this is my
> fault for not partitioning appropriately, can't get to many commands
> including fsck guess it's because of the fs problems.
> How can I try and recover from this?
If you can't mount the filesystem that has fsck on it, you're going to
have to boot off a CD (FreeSBIE or the FreeBSD fixit cd) and run fsck
Collaborative Fusion Inc.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org