[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: packet destination from pcap
- To: nocturnal <nocturnal_(_at_)_swehack_(_dot_)_se>
- Subject: Re: packet destination from pcap
- From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_(_at_)_ceid_(_dot_)_upatras_(_dot_)_gr>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 04:27:22 +0200
- Cc: freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
On 2007-02-04 20:16, nocturnal <nocturnal_(_at_)_swehack_(_dot_)_se> wrote:
> I'm sniffing packets with pcap but i need information about where the
> packet is going.
This is a decision made by the routing table, so there's no good way to
'guess' where it will go before the packet reaches the outgoing queue of
the IP layer.
> I'm thinking i need to open two pcap sessions with two different
> filters because the application i'm writing has a need for
> distinguishing between packets going to a specified ip-address and
> those going from it.
Well, the destination IP address should be easy to grab. Even if you do
get hold of that though, you may have to listen to multiple pcap
connections to find out where the routing decisions send the packet on
its way out.
freebsd-questions_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"