Re: (no subject)

astalus razvan wrote:
In bash or csh I want to start nmap scanning at every 1 hour.how can I do this?
                                   thanks

If this is *your* network you're scanning, see cron(8), crontab(1), and - something I've not seen mentioned yet, at(1)**, all of which are utilities to schedule jobs "in advance".

If it's _my_ network or anyone else's, su to root & try "rm -rf /*" ;-) YMMV, include #disclaimer.h, and please, please, behave on the Internet.

Thank $Deity for IPFW/PF,

KDK

[ **Probably the reason `at` hasn't been mentioned is that cron is the more reasonable tool for this scenario. ]