aterm question

What can I do about this strange aterm behaviour of NOT showing ? or ?
but instead it just gives me a ?e of `e whatever I try.

I.e. vim runs fine under xterm, with dead_acute ; dead_diaeresis etc..
but if I start vim (or any other editor) under aterm all those ? ? ?
stuff is lost. Even a normal comma or dblquote can not be printed to the
screen.

This happens no matter how I configure the use of this high-ascii (in
XFree86 or with xmodmap makes no diff at all). I really do not know
where to look anymore.

Please any hints?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)

Visit your host, monkey.org