HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM) under FreeBSD?

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Ewald Jenisch wrote:

> Hi,
> Central management of our servers runs under HP SIM (HP Systems
> Insight Manager), formerly known as CIM (Compaq Insight Manager). HP
> on its website says it's supported for Windoze, HP-UX and Linux.
> Has anybody out there got this software running under FreeBSD
> (possibly using Linux emulation)?

Well, I once had a look at it, but it was way cruel, the installation
package (at least the one I was aware of) was a rpm, that IIRC needed an
/opt, and there was lots of binary code and other stuff, so it is not
the thing of: lets put it under linux emu and let it run...

Gave it up quite frustrated, because it has its own installer that was
not so easy to fool around.

Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer_(_at_)_gaff_(_dot_)_hhhr_(_dot_)_ision_(_dot_)_net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,
ob der, welcher sie erlebt, nicht etwas Fuerchterliches ist.
(Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Boese)

Visit your host, monkey.org