Deleting Symlink

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 12:15, Bryan Cassidy wrote:
> Hello everyone. I'm using FreeBSD 5.1 and I am trying to delete a symlink from one file to another
>
> (/usr/local/www/data to data-dist and /usr/local/www/cgi-bin to cgi-bin-dist)
>
> I was told when I use portupgrade it will delete my files If I don't delete the symlinks so could
> someone help me out here

I've never heard of it DELETING files, but I have heard of it changing
permissions, and occasionally failing (eg, if there files/folders with
spaces in the name).

Anyhow, removing a symlink is just like removing a file (with rm). You
can restore the symlink later, if necessary, using 'ln -s'

man 1 rm
man 1 ln

--
Adam <blueeskimo_(_at_)_gmx_(_dot_)_net>