Lower power states on the Mac Mini

I wrote some code last week to make my Mac Mini run a little cooler. However, I don't have a watt meter and can't tell if my Mac Mini fan comes on less often because of winter weather or my patch.

http://www.sharma-home.net/arun/misc/powersave.tar.gz

The patch is against 6.0 and a small kernel driver is included. It doesn't do all the things recommended by the Freescale MPC7450 reference manual (so don't use it on your mother's life support system). But it doesn't seem to readily crash my machine either.

If you have a watt meter, I'd appreciate some power measurements:

a) With and without the kernel module
b) With and without enabling DFS (Dynamic frequency switching)

Thanks!

	-Arun