Re: Is there any support for the Peg II PPC hardware (planned)?

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:36:58 +0100
Henrik Andersen <henke_(_dot_)_andersen_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> Hi Darren!
> I'm not a developer, but this has been up before so I'll jump in
> anyway. Support for the Pegasos is not planned or worked on at the
> moment. This is in part (or more likely only) because of the Pegasos
> different implementation of OpenFirmware.

On the other hand, this shouldn't deter people with strong enough
motivation and access to the hardware.
Anyone (given enough motivation and time) can learn how to implement the
necessary code for a port to a new hardware platform.
In this case, it isn't even a brand new platform, just different
intialization stage and different hardware devices.

No, I'm not saying that this is the easiest assignment a person can
undertake.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen