[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mac Mini and Xorg
- To: Peter Grehan <grehan_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: Mac Mini and Xorg
- From: Sean Welch <Sean_Welch_(_at_)_alum_(_dot_)_wofford_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:31:14 -0500
- Cc: freebsd-ppc_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Sean_Welch_(_at_)_alum_(_dot_)_wofford_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:03:00PM +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
> Would you be able to run 'top' during the build and see if memory is
> heading toward being exhausted (or running into swap) ?
I think I found the culprit. I just tried again and watched the
processes with top -- didn't see any issues. It actually finished
this time and hit on swap was minimal (16K).
It seems the issue lies with my make command. It doesn't like to run
with j concurrency. In other words,
make -j4 buildworld
SUCCEEDS (it took 3:03 if anyone is curious).
Any ideas about why this might be so? I still think it didn't even
hit swap before so something isn't handling correctly...
At any rate, buildworld has completed okay so I'm going to finish the
job when I get home (building kernel now).
freebsd-ppc_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ppc-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"