Re: Mac Mini and Xorg

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:03:00PM +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
>  Would you be able to run 'top' during the build and see if memory is
> heading toward being exhausted (or running into swap) ?

I think I found the culprit.  I just tried again and watched the
processes with top -- didn't see any issues.  It actually finished
this time and hit on swap was minimal (16K).

It seems the issue lies with my make command.  It doesn't like to run
with j concurrency.  In other words,

  make -j4 buildworld

FAILS, while

  make buildworld

SUCCEEDS (it took 3:03 if anyone is curious).

Any ideas about why this might be so?  I still think it didn't even
hit swap before so something isn't handling correctly...

At any rate, buildworld has completed okay so I'm going to finish the
job when I get home (building kernel now).

Sean