Re: ibooks

Hi Lyndon,

Are 12 inch ibooks bootable these days?

Which model do you have ? I've booted on my ancient 366Mhz toilet-boot 12" OK.

I've been trying with the last snap and i keep getting hung up in a KDB screen. Nothing that I can snarf-n-barf of course, so I can't reproduce details.

Does this happen very early on in the boot sequence when you hold down the 'C' key to boot off the CD ?

If so (this happens on my eMac), then break into OpenFirmware at boot-time and manually boot with:

0 > boot cd:,\boot\loader cd:0

If not, would you be able to transcribe a line or two on the console before it traps into kdb ?

later,

Peter.