Re: pfsync after reboot does not synchronize

1.  Why does pfsync synchronize the state tables when I use the

    "ifconfig syncdev" trick to force a bulk update, yet it does
    not do this when the system is booting up?

What does your rc.conf look like?

2.  Why does pfsync keep repeating the bulk update request and then give
    up?  What message is not getting through?

Are you running the same versions of everything on all nodes?  Different
versions of pfsync can sometimes not keep state with eachother (3.8 ->
3.9comes to mind).

The two cluster members have a direct cross-cable between them.  My PF
policy has these settings:

    set skip on pfsync0

    pass quick on fxp0 proto pfsync     # $pfsync_syncdev

Won't fix your problem, but if you 'set skip' on that interface, you don't
need to 'pass quick' as filtering isn't applied.

Kian