[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FBSD 1GBit router?
- To: freebsd-performance_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: FBSD 1GBit router?
- From: Daniel Dias Gonçalves <daniel_(_at_)_dgnetwork_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)_br>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:26:45 -0300
- Cc: freebsd-net_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: DGNET Network Solutions
- Reply-to: daniel_(_at_)_dgnetwork_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)_br
Bc. Radek Krejca escreveu:
Is recommendable set MPSAFENET to 1 in versions 6.x to improve the
ZB> - upgrade at least to 6.3. upgrading to 7.0 might also be better, depending
ZB> on hardware choices
ZB> - ensure your ethernet cards are on fast enough busses. 'em' (Intel Ether
ZB> Express 1000) flavor ports are my personal favorite
ZB> - enable polling (this will make a _huge_ difference by itself)
ZB> - your hardware is (likely) dual core. Make sure every piece of hardware in
ZB> use doesn't involve any giant locks. Under 6.x consider the mpsafenet
ZB> sysctl. This is also a point on which 7.0 will shine.
I upgrade to 7.0RC3 but still the same. 418Mbit is the roof.
and POLLING in the following system with 8 interfaces IF_EM ??
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz (3200.13-MHz 686-class CPU)
Logical CPUs per core: 2
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
vendor = 'Intel Corporation'
device = '82546EB Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller'
freebsd-performance_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-performance-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"