[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux
- To: Michael Vince <mv_(_at_)_roq_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: Re: FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux
- From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_(_at_)_le-hen_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:45:33 +0200
- Cc: Steve Roome <steve_(_at_)_pepcross_(_dot_)_com>, performance_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
Hi Michael, hi Steve,
> For me this is as fast as I need my database to be but I can understand
> there is a difference here between FreeBSD and Linux that would make you
> prefer it as the db OS choice.
Could you try mounting the filesystem where the database lives with
the noatime option, and re-run your tests ? IIRC from previous threads
on this subject, Linux doesn't really honor this while FreeBSD does,
which pulls down the performances.
Jeremie Le Hen
< jeremie at le-hen dot org >< ttz at chchile dot org >
freebsd-performance_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-performance-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"