Re: FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux

Hi Michael, hi Steve,

> For me this is as fast as I need my database to be but I can understand
> there is a difference here between FreeBSD and Linux that would make you
> prefer it as the db OS choice.

Could you try mounting the filesystem where the database lives with
the noatime option, and re-run your tests ?  IIRC from previous threads
on this subject, Linux doesn't really honor this while FreeBSD does,
which pulls down the performances.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen