Re: Fibre Gig card recommendations?

From: "Arkadi Shishlov" <arkadi_(_at_)_mebius_(_dot_)_lv>
Whats about performance and stability with MTU > 1500? I tried increasing
MTU on my Intel-made servers to speed-up NFS, but both 5.3 em and 2.x Intel
provided drivers get stuck after some time with interface in OACTIVE state.

The same happened to us too, but I tracked it down to certain built-in NICs on Mainboards. I had good success with NatSemi NICs, too. Especially at even larger MTUs.

Achim