[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux
- To: Robert Watson <rwatson_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux
- From: David Sze <dsze_(_at_)_distrust_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:15:47 -0500
- Cc: performance_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 04:08:45PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
> I realize every additional variation increases the testing load, but I'd
> be interested in seeing linuxthreads performance on 5.x/6.x also. While
> we've worked hard to improve native threading, linuxthreading remains
> fully functional, and given that MySQL may well be being optimized based
> on assumptions regarding the Linux threading model, it could well be
> linuxthreads comes in ahead on recent versions.
linuxthreads actually doesn't compile for amd64. I can try i386 versions
of 5.4 and 6.0 too; that will delay the results by a couple more days
though (I'm doing this in my spare time, though using work hardware).
freebsd-performance_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-performance-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"