[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: unreasonable amount of memory used in openoffice build
- To: Doug Barton <dougb_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: unreasonable amount of memory used in openoffice build
- From: Luigi Rizzo <rizzo_(_at_)_iet_(_dot_)_unipi_(_dot_)_it>
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:42:50 +0200
- Cc: ports_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org, openoffice_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 01:18:31PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > I would suggest to apply the fix unconditionally
> Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the part where you said, "I tested
> this fix and it worked for me."
"i tested this fix and it worked for me".
but you are right, i should have said it.
I started the build of openoffice yesterday afternoon, without the patch,
and the build died twice on my laptop (512MB ram + 1GB swap)
after spending hours with the compiler looping around 'swread'.
When I applied the patch after lunch today, the build of the offending
file went smootly as the rest of the components, and in some 30min
since i restarted the build i managed to complete and install
freebsd-openoffice_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-openoffice-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org