[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: kernel panic on em0/taskq
- To: Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: kernel panic on em0/taskq
- From: Daniel Ponticello <daniel_(_at_)_skytek_(_dot_)_it>
- Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:28:52 +0200
- Cc: freebsd-net_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org, freebsd-stable_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
I just checked the link you have reported.
It looks like the problem is present only on SMP machines with both
ULE and 4BSD scheduler.
I can confirm that the problem is also present on 6.3-Stable.
Basically, it freezes before collecting dump and before being able to
I wish i could have more informations to open a PR.
Jeremy Chadwick ha scritto:
On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 03:07:08PM +0200, Daniel Ponticello wrote:
Sorry, I did not read well you suggestion ;)
Anyway, the system reboots correctly if I issue the reboot command from
Should i adjust those values anyway?
I'd recommend adjusting them and see if the bug (not automatically
rebooting on panic) changes. I'm guessing it won't (especially if
reboot(8) works fine), but it's worth trying.
You're the 2nd person I've seen who has reported this problem (re:
FreeBSD not properly rebooting on panic). The other person:
I'll add this to my Commonly reported issues Wiki. As for the problem
itself, sorry, I have no idea what's causing it.
Daniel Ponticello, VP of Engineering
Network Coordination Centre of Skytek
- For further information about our services:
- Please visit our website at http://www.Skytek.it
freebsd-net_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-net-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org