[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Addition to the vlan driver
- To: freebsd-net_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Addition to the vlan driver
- From: Andrew Snow <andrew_(_at_)_modulus_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:55:45 +1000
- Cc: Jack Vogel <jfvogel_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
Jack Vogel wrote:
What I would like to do is add some code into the vlan_ioctl() routine
that will make a call
to the PARENT ioctl with SETVLAN type and an argument of the tag.
By doing this both the em and igb drivers will be able to enable
hardware vlan filtering as
well, a feature we've never been able to use.
I don't think vlan filtering is needed much, since I always use VLANs
with switches that do the filtering at the port level. But it still
sounds like a good idea and I can't think why not.
freebsd-net_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-net-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org