BIND-8/9 interface bug? Or is it FreeBSD?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 04:52:14PM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
>         Since when?  :-)  That wouldn't make very much sense, and
>         would be extremely misleading for network administrators.
>         bpf should have the highest priority, well above ipfw.
>         I just verified that fact with a test: blocking any telnet I/O
>         across my public interface and telnetting in from my home
>         workstation:

You didn't listen to the answer:  bpf is closer to the driver than ipfw,
so it will see inbound packets that ipfw will block, but not see outbound
packets that ipfw has already blocked.

Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.

Visit your host, monkey.org