Re: bktr with Pinnacle PCTV Studio/Rave

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:32:10 +0200
Markus Stauffer <markus_(_dot_)_stauffer_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> > tuner: microtune MT2050 found, OK

	Ah an MT2050 based one just like mine - I have a patch that uses
some GPL code to drive it but it doesn't seem to work very well (bad
picture with lot's of snow) no matter which of the three variants I use
(one from the Linux bttv code, one from a C++ project and one from pcitv.

	My patch is against DragonFly rather than FreeBSD and needs a little
adjustment to use with FreeBSD. One other person was helping me with testing
and getting similarly poor results.

	Does your card work well with Linux ? If so I'd be inclined to start
again and merge in the drive code from the version of Linux that you are
using.