Recommended hardware and software to capture video stream

      Hi,

       I have been asked to build a video capture system for a friend. He'd like
       a FreeBSD system with svideo input. I'm to grab a video stream from
       the svideo input and write an mpeg. My stream will vary from 30 minutes
       to two hours in length. I believe the source will run at 30 frames per
       second.  He would like to input a filename for output and the number
       of minutes to capture data. Can anyone recommend a video card
       and the software required for data capture?

       Thanks, Bill

Visit your host, monkey.org