Re: pf/altq

Hello Arie

We are using pf with altq for a router with 10 mbits Internet connection, to share internet for more than 1000 users and it works fine. Users are connected to the router using a pppoe server, which also works fine. The problem is that we use HFSC algorytm on altq, which is a liner algoritm and will not work fine for thousands of queues. We did not find a way to cap CBQ per user. Give us more details... about your infrastructure you are thinking of. If you plan to use high bandwidth with not many queues, hfsc altq works great.

Best regards
ovidiu

Arie Kachler wrote:

Hello,

We need to replace our bandwidth management solution because it's not working properly anymore. Does anybody have experience with pf/altq in high traffic production environments. We expect to run 100Mbps through each pf/altq box.
Man pages don't show shortcomings one may experience in real life.

Any real life experiences you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Arie Kachler