Re: New ISDN driver

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
Well, doesn't "i4l_" indicate that this came from "ISDN4LINUX" ?

If you "cat" all the files in "/sys/i4b" and search for the word "linux" or "Linux" you will get some hits.

So I suspect that some parts of the drivers in "/sys/i4b/layer1" are
derivatives of Linux. And I have got some hints about that too. So maybe we
should just drop support for some hardware, and stick with the chip-drivers I
have written from scratch ? Else we might end up getting a bad rumor about
stealing code from Linux.

The occurance of [Ll]inux or l_* doesnt imply that these files are from linux. /sys/compat/linux/* files are stuffed with these letters. Usually they are for compatibility reasons. So its not reasonable to suspect any I4B files to be linux tainted.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael_(_dot_)_Reifenberger_(_at_)_plaut_(_dot_)_de | Priv: Michael_(_at_)_Reifenberger_(_dot_)_com
      http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com