new I4B package, now v.1.5.0

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 10:06:57PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I must admit I spent too much time on this project, but I managed to get
> > through it after 6 months with broken source code. Very much code has been
> > re-written, and I hope it is better than the old code.
>
> I have to admit I have not looked at your page yet for longer than a
> few seconds...
>
> some questions:
>
> - is the code modularized (kld support) ?
no, not currently

> - did you maintain the I4B API so that (old) isdnd etc. still works ?
most of the I4B API has been kept, but not all. You can use the old ``ppp'',
but the I4B-binaries must be recompiled

> - did you take care about locking (running Giant free) where possible ?
yes, it is optimized for SMP, no more SPLI4B. This version is Giant-free, but
until further Giant is used due to some non-i4b-system-functions.

> - have there been some updates since your posting ? if so - where can
>   they be found ?
no updates yet. Updates can be found where you found the driver, until the
code gets committed. If you send patches/updates to me, I can merge it and
make a new release when necessary. I don't know what will happen if you send
patches/updates to Hellmuth.

> - what are your plans with this code ? Getting into current ?
replace the old code.

> - did you contact Hellmuth ?
yes, but I don't know if he will commit it?

> --
> Greetings
>
> Bjoern A. Zeeb				bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT

Yours,
  Hans Petter Selasky