[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY
- To: Christian Brueffer <brueffer_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY
- From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 11:38:13 +0900
- Cc: freebsd-hardware_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, yongari_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, Aymeric MUNTZ <aymeric_(_dot_)_muntz_(_at_)_free_(_dot_)_fr>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:received:received:date:from :to:cc:subject:message-id:reply-to:references:mime-version :content-type:content-disposition:in-reply-to:user-agent; bh=z+IuDynp3AqFHGlRcUFWz/TrhgFURmdm6S48s6OCGh0=; b=MWB6hRO5jhA4i/7A6kuYWzNujEzSSwQwmRPJpzF2oOkGZI9Bv4malzjY52h0HqeXfn JT/DzTYoOUeRgIKH+adI6TqBeXNyWRSFjdWMCepLf5iRdiaYmsHi1Uby7feZJEoCg7lV XHqu5TqixRiZVRJ1n9aXQy7bnJ6chkDK5UMoA=
- Reply-to: pyunyh_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com
On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 08:50:51AM +0200, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 07:04:55PM +0200, Aymeric MUNTZ wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > I got a FBSD 5.4 box which I have to change the motherboard.
> > It seams that it doesn't recognize the ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY
age(4) supports L1 Gigabit ethernet. It seems that your hardware
might be Attansic/Atheros L2 fast ethernet which is not yet
supported by FreeBSD. Supporting L2 wouldn't be hard as both
OpenBSD/NetBSD already have a driver, lii(4). I don't have a L2
hardware so porting/writing a L2 driver is beyond scope of my
As Christian Brueffer said, knowing the output of pciconf -lvc
would be big help to identify which hardware you've got.
> > Anyone has any information about that?
> Hi Aymeric,
> the FreeBSD release you're using is very old, so there's no driver
> support for your chip. In fact the driver that's likely to support
> it (age(4)) is only in CURRENT at the moment but will probably be merged
> to the STABLE branches soon.
> Could you provide the output of pciconf -lv so we can determine if your
> chip is supported by the age(4) driver?
> I have CCed Pyun YongHyeon, the age(4) driver writer, for additional insight.
> - Christian
> Christian Brueffer chris_(_at_)_unixpages_(_dot_)_org brueffer_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org
> GPG Key: http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
> GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D
freebsd-hardware_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-hardware-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org