[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is it possible that modern wireless card only supports WPA and not WEP or this is a bug in the driver?
- To: freebsd-hackers_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Is it possible that modern wireless card only supports WPA and not WEP or this is a bug in the driver?
- From: Yuri <yuri_(_at_)_tsoft_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:51:44 -0800
- Reply-to: yuri_(_at_)_tsoft_(_dot_)_com
I have a Linksys PCI wireless card that is being attached by "ral" driver:
ral0: <Ralink Technology RT2561S> mem 0xcffe8000-0xcffeffff irq 17 at
device 10.0 on pci0
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2561C, RF RT2527
ral0: Ethernet address: 00:18:f8:2e:40:25
But when I do 'ifconfig ral0 list caps' it returns:
and WEP isn't there.
This looks amazing since WEP is older and very widespread.
So how can I tell if this card can't really support WEP or it's the
driver that can't support it?
ifconfig ral0 inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid freebsdap
wepmode on weptxkey 3 wepkey 3:0x3456789012 authmode open mode 11g
succeeds though CAPS doesn't have WEP.
Isn't this a bug?
freebsd-hackers_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-hackers-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org