Re: Security Flaw in Popular Disk Encryption Technologies

Am 25.02.2008 um 23:48 schrieb Uwe Doering:
Since it hasn't been mentioned so far: There are hard disk drives that do encryption on the firmware level, so you don't have to store keys on the OS level.

I wouldn't go that far as there isn't (better: I didn't find)
enough documentation on their mechanisms to satisfy my curiosity.

You might want to take a look at eNova (http://www.enovatech.net/)
who are pointing at interesting hardware using their crypto technology.

Achim