[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: UFS2 metadata checksums
- To: Ivan Voras <ivoras_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: UFS2 metadata checksums
- From: Scott Burns <scott_(_at_)_bqinternet_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 05:21:10 -0400
- Cc: freebsd-fs_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
Ivan Voras wrote:
Scott Burns wrote:
As long as there is some interest in this kind of functionality, I will
continue working on it. The next step is to protect metadata structures
beyond inodes. I am hoping to have some results to post in the next few
Btw. what checksum do you use?
I haven't settled on anything yet. Currently I'm just reading the
dinode structure 32 bits at a time and doing a bitwise XOR. It's just a
proof of concept and I am open to suggestions.
BQ Internet Corporation
freebsd-fs_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-fs-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org