[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: firewire disk disconnected but da* remains?
- To: Gavin Atkinson <gavin_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
- Subject: Re: firewire disk disconnected but da* remains?
- From: Andriy Gapon <avg_(_at_)_icyb_(_dot_)_net_(_dot_)_ua>
- Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:24:11 +0200
- Cc: freebsd-firewire_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
on 07/11/2008 17:42 Gavin Atkinson said the following:
> On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 13:37 +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> I am a firewire newbie, so forgive me the following question.
>> I disconnect external firewire HDD, firewire subsystem notices this but
>> da0 device entry persists. Is this correct/expected behavior?
> Yes. From sbp(4):
> Some users familiar with umass(4) might wonder why the device is not
> detached at the CAM layer when the device is unplugged. It is detached
> only if the device has not been plugged again during several bus resets.
> This is for preventing to detach an active file system even when the
> device cannot be probed correctly for some reason after a bus reset or
> when the device is temporary disconnected because the user changes the
> bus topology. If you want to force to detach the device, run ``fwcontrol
> -r'' several times or set hw.firewire.hold_count=0 by sysctl(1).
Thanks a lot!
I should have RTFM.
freebsd-firewire_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-firewire-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"