Re: "Ejecting" Firewire Drives

Sean Bruno wrote this message on Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:30 -0700:
> What is the proper way to disconnect a Firewire Hard disk from a FreeBSD
> system?

To make FreeBSD really see that the disk disappeared, run fwcontrol -r
three times.  The SBP driver does not disconnect a drive immediately
incase you plug it back in, but if it doesn't see the drive after a
few bus resets, it will finally be removed...  See sbp(4) for more
information.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579