[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Can't install FreeBSD Current or 7.0 on AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile TL-58 1.9 Ghz in an Acer 5520-5679
- To: eculp <eculp_(_at_)_encontacto_(_dot_)_net>
- Subject: Re: Can't install FreeBSD Current or 7.0 on AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile TL-58 1.9 Ghz in an Acer 5520-5679
- From: Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:25:37 +0300
- Cc: freebsd-current_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org, John Nielsen <lists_(_at_)_jnielsen_(_dot_)_net>
- Reply-to: infofarmer_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 07:52:21PM -0600, eculp wrote:
>> On Friday 21 December 2007, eculp wrote:
>>> We have an almost new Acer 5520-5679 in the office that we
>>> intended to partition and install 8.0-CURRENT-200712-amd64
>>> but much to my surprise accessing the cdrom it went into an
>>> immediate, unreadable loop of hex numbers that can only be
>>> stoped by powering down.
> I'm still in hopes that someone has a trick up their sleeve.
> There seem to be a lot of laptops that use the Turion 64x2
Many of us are very happy owners of Turion 64x2 laptops.
It's a long shot, but if you can setup a dhcp/tftp server, I'd
advise booting over network to see if the cdrom has anything to
do with it. The setup is very easy and only takes a few minutes.
There are lots of howtos available.
freebsd-current_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org