[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Getting/Forcing Greater than 4KB Buffer Allocations
- To: "Chuck Swiger" <cswiger_(_at_)_mac_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: RE: Getting/Forcing Greater than 4KB Buffer Allocations
- From: "David Christensen" <davidch_(_at_)_broadcom_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:22:17 -0700
- Cc: current_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
- Thread-index: AcfI0KmJUoA0MDVZTse/aR62BFIKAwAAJm+A
- Thread-topic: Getting/Forcing Greater than 4KB Buffer Allocations
> > I'm investigating a problem with my bce driver which occurs
> when I ask
> > for a jumbo mbuf cluster (through m_cljget()). When I map the
> > memory for DMA I
> > normally get 3 memory segments (4KB + 4KB + 1KB) on my system, but
> > on another
> > user's system he's seeing 2 memory segments (8KB + 1KB). Is there a
> > configurationoption that allows this or some other tuning variable
> > involved? The
> > system is a Xeon dual-core processor and has 8GB of RAM,
> running an
> > AMD64 version of
> > the kernel.
> Hi, Dave--
> Is "sysctl hw.pagesize" different on the two systems? It sure looks
> like the first machine is using a 4KB pagesize, whereas the second
> machine is using an 8KB pagesize...
That was one of my first questions but they are identical, 4096 bytes.
freebsd-current_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"