Re: Strange performance characteristics with ZFS

On 7/17/07, Claus Guttesen <kometen_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> Aha.  It corrupted data.  Now I have to start the copy over again :/
>
> This is not good!  Anything else I can try?  (Hopefully without making
> the process fail :-p )

I've only copied data between freebsd using nfs (and zfs on the
server) which worked so apparently server and client introduces some
mismacth. Have you tried both tcp and udp?
--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

I've had this same problem. I did notice that I was getting a *TON* of
error messages on the console when access ZFS from a remote Linux
client over NFS. Eventually, it slowed to a crawl and died. I'm in the
process of rebuilding my system so I can't tell you details of the
messages, but you may want to tail -f /var/log/messages.

Larry.