[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: crash in tty code in 6.1.. fixed since?
- To: attilio_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: crash in tty code in 6.1.. fixed since?
- From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp_(_at_)_bsdimp_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:11:45 -0600 (MDT)
- Cc: julian_(_at_)_elischer_(_dot_)_org, current_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org
In message: <46972B28_(_dot_)_1010409_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org>
Attilio Rao <attilio_(_at_)_FreeBSD_(_dot_)_org> writes:
: I think it has been fixed some months ago IIRC.
: The problem here, should be that if sx_slock() let thread sleep, Giant
: is released before to sleep and tp->t_session can be accessed in racy way.
: Another nice side-effect about having tty Giant :)
I've been having crashes right and left in cblock code. I've had good
luck converting it to using a mutext. However, someone else was
telling me they had big problems going all the way and locking the
entire TTY subsystem. The evidence is in p4...
freebsd-current_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org