How to on building a High Performance Server on FreeBSD

I am giving a course for students who are about to finish their undergraduate classes on Systems Engineering. We are trying to set up a High Performance cluster for mathematic applications.   Does someone on the list know of a well written "howto" kind of document we can support whenever we get stuck at something.

Regards
Gerardo Paredes