Re: group-related limits (Re: RFC: obexapp - virtual root folder for each device)

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Mikhail T. wrote:

> Mike Meyer ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ(ÿÿÿÿ):
> > There are no limits on how many people can be in a group. There is a
> > limit on how many groups a person can be in (or was; I haven't
> > verified that this hasn't been changed recently).
>
> Thanks for the correction, Mike. I had only a vague memory of there
> being some limits related to groups -- from years ago :-)

I don't know about FreeBSD but on NetBSD there is AFAIK no limit to the
number of groups that a user can be in. The "20 groups" limit comes from
NFS which used a fixed array in its specifications (and so is a problem on
any operating system)

iain