Re: Speeding up device discovery: paper

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Bruce Simpson wrote:

> I keep wishing Bluetooth had passive scanning like 802.11 does.

I always thought that was what 'periodic inquiry' was supposed to be, that
a device would take time every n seconds to do a quick neighbor
discovery..

btw something you might run into with multiple radios is that I find
creating a baseband link does not always work first time, but if the radio
has seen the other device recently via inquiry, it can connect very
quickly. I'm not sure if this is the radio recording some information
about the remote device or that the OS reusing the clock offset is
helping, but neither will help if you have one radio doing the inquiry and
the other doing the paging..

iain